Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Richard Avedon quotes+images ! inspiration

Yesterday I came across this quote by the master of photography Richard Avedon and I really connected with it :
 __

"And if a day goes by without my doing something related to photography, it's as though I've neglected something essential to my existence, as though I had forgotten to wake up. I know that the accident of my being a photographer has made my life possible." - Richard Avedon - 1970 
__

My portraits are more about me than they are about the people I photograph.
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/r/richardave107205.html#pVyhqDdummufeIiw.99
The last 2 years photography has really taken over my life, and almost not a day goes by that I am not shooting, editing, researching, emailing or talking about something related to photography. And even if I decide to take the day completely off I happen to see something that inspires my next shoot or I even dream about it.

It is just such a great feeling being able to work with what you really love todo and even after a 18 hour workday you are still feeling blessed and happy and excited for the next shoot !

Saying that I really can't wait to show you my last 2 shoots I did !!! :)

Now here are some images by Richard Avedon



  

I also love this quote as it makes so much sense:

I always prefer to work in the studio. It isolates people from their environment. They become in a sense . . .symbolic of themselves. I often feel that people come to me to be photographed as they would go to a doctor or a fortune teller - to find out how they are -  Richard Avedon

x iris

No comments:

Post a Comment